Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The End Of A School And The Edge Of A Cliff

We are a week away from the end of our DTS, my students are absolutely amazing. I could not be more proud of them, they go out and tell everyone about Jesus. God has done some crazy things in my heart on this trip from bringing Kirsten into the picture, to giving me a renewed passion for discipleship and fresh faith for transformation in Seattle. After I return to Kona I will have a little bit of time off to sit reflect and relax after 6 intense months.


The other day The Lord said something to me, "Alex, get ready for an adventure." In six words God took every plan and sense of security and threw it out the window. You see when God tells you to get ready for an adventure that means you are about to dive into anything. There is no telling what may happen, it may be as small as going to the store and getting a free shirt, or you can end up in the middle of russia, or perhaps live in an airport, the options are as infinite as the one taking you on the adventure. This can be a scary place to be, a great abyss of unknown staring you in the face. However, when you understand God a little the fear melts away. God is infinitely good and loving, He is the one calling you away, He is the provider for the whole thing. When God tells you to get ready for an adventure, what he really is saying to you is "Get ready to see how good I am. I'm about to show off and everyone is going to see."


What will happen with The Seattle House Of Prayer? Will I go to South Africa and see Kirsten? Will I live in another airport? What is going to happen at Circuit Riders? Will I ever finish writing about my last adventure? I guess we will all have to wait and find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey alex !!! Waiting with excitement to see what happens next in your God Journey!! Keep writing and sharing - love to read your bloggings and hear the latest - hugs and blessings over you and your ministry!!
Sue & Michael