Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

The End of DTS


DTS was an incredible journey, I saw me student grow from everyday run of the mill Jesus lovers to rapid wild in love with the gospel missionaries. But for me personally it was an incredible journey of growth. Its hard to say what was solidified then and what is still being worked out. I will say this learning to lead and to be in a relationship with a woman half way around the world was the hardest thing. When you are pushed out into leadership all of your insecurities about being a leader come to the service and you can either ignore them or deal with them. I chose to deal with them as best I could. What do you do when you feel like everyone around you thinks you are a crappy leader? What do you do? You go to God and ask him who you are, you go back to the word of the Lord that got you there in the first place you man up and press in. Some times when life gets hard its easy to lay down and say woe is me, I'm not going to lie and say i never did that. I had plenty of moments where thats how I felt and I needed Kirsten or one of my co-leaders to call me out of it. At the end of DTS when I looked back at all that we did on the west coast I was incredibly proud of my team, I had a feeling of accomplishment that continued to grow as I went into the next season. The Circuit Riders

1 comment:

Sue Fowler said...

Right on Alex, way to keep on keepin' on! Missing you and so glad you are well! Aloha to you from Oahu!
Loves & hugs!
Sue & Mike