Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finale

I couldn't go back to my house, I had to find a new one, that day I had been thinking about where to go to sleep. baggage claim would be too busy. But they had a small place that was out of the way and was talking about the new train system they had installed. No one ever went around there and there was electricity, so I went from my great dinner and went to my new house. That night I paid for some internet and skyped some friends, I also got "The Terminal" and watched it that night. This was the worst night of sleep I have ever had, I slept on the cement floor, under a light. I woke up and was ready to get on a flight. I had breakfast, waited and then went in for lunch. I had subway for lunch and read my bible in the Z terminal, my favorite terminal. It was time, I was scheduled for the middle flight. I was a pro at the airport, I knew my way around, I was pro at security and scoffed when people were confused on the way through the lines. I didnt really think i was better then them I had just done it allot. some thing inside me said this is the day.


Over the previous four days God had taken me from a one spot to another and I still dont fully understand what it was that he did. I rebelled at the beginning and thought God a liar, but he exposed my heart and showed me that I had put myself as the king and him as the subject. I had been looking at Jesus as some sort of good luck charm, thinking if I have him I can do anything, ignoring his true lordship. We have this idea of christianity that any hardship is from the devil and that God only sends good on us, the Idea of " God disciplining those he loves" is some sort of foreign notion. And when we are faced with that verse we think that all it means is that we should read the bible more or pray longer. I have come to this point where he is the Lord of the universe, Creator of Heaven and Earth. 100% wrath 100% love all at the same time. And if it was in his plan for me to live the rest of my life at this airport, this is where I would live, and I couldnt stop loving him or worshiping him. It was no longer head knowledge this was experiential reality.


I walked up to the woman behind the desk and told her my name and my story about how I was trying to get to england. She told me what I had heard every time, if there are seats I will get one. I waited and worshiped. they began seating, I watched the numbers of seats left stay where it was. they finished boarding, and began to call stand by.


"Alex Graves"


After five of the hardest days of my life I heard my name finally be called. At first I was shocked, they called again. I went got my ticket and danced laughing to my seat, economy plus. I finally was on my way to be in the wedding of my best friends. I was about to have some of the most fun I have ever had.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alex,
This is by far the best wrting I have ever read of yours. Well said and I "get it". I am really looking forward to seeing you next week. Dad.